Telehealth Physical TherapyNewport Beach, CA
We define Telehealth as the new norm for all healthcare providers including physical therapist. At OCPT, we offer either a Telehealth call through a phone call or video chat. We use the most efficient and compliant ways to provide this service such as Zoom and Skype. The reason that Telehealth has become so popular and insurance companies has adopted to this form of providing healthcare is from the overwhelming concern to keep those that are compromised at home. So in the event that you cannot come into the clinic, a Telehealth option is now available.
Here are some important questions of how Telehealth physical therapy works at OCPT:
What treatments can I receive over a video conference call?
- Initial evaluations
- Weekly assessments including: monitor range of motion, strength gains, and functional movement
- Provide corrective movement patterns to best move without pain
- Provide new and updated home treatment plans
- Go through exercise routine with your physical therapist
Is Telehealth physical therapy effective?
- Yes. Not only is it effective its proven. Physicians throughout the world have used Telehealth for a number of years. Medical professionals such a physical therapist are trained to listen and provide the correct diagnosis and assessment when it comes to your physical therapy needs.
Why should I have an at-home program?
- As mentioned earlier sometimes you can’t always make it to our clinic, but we don’t want you to skip a session – so we’re offering a way to keep in touch with you.
Is there a cost to using Telehealth?
- All major insurances cover Telehealth
- For cash based inquires please give us a call (949) 299-0297
Orthopedic surgery is very common in the world today with around 7 million surgeries being performed per year in the United States alone. Some of the most common orthopedic surgeries performed include knee replacements, hip replacements, shoulder replacements, ACL reconstruction, shoulder or knee arthroscopy, joint fusions and more. With these surgeries comes pain and other…
Cupping is a beneficial therapy used for a variety of things, including discomfort or pain. There are many alternative treatment options that can help lessen or even eliminate the discomfort and/or pain that people go through. Since cupping is one of the more beneficial options, many people are choosing it, including athletes.The premise of cupping…
Physical Therapists play a large role in helping golfers, and ultimately, you may really be missing out without one. What can a physical therapist do for you? Physical capabilities can either help or limit your capabilities as a golfer. For example John Rahm was born with a club foot, causing his right foot to be…
While relatively recently becoming popular in Western cultures, cupping is not a new practice. In fact, it is an ancient medical technique that has been used for thousands of years. This form of alternative medicine has been used to treat a variety of different disorders and issues, as well as for relaxation and stress relief.…
While gyms remain closed, we have all had to find alternatives to exercise. In my case, an awesome tool I recently purchased was a Peloton. Peloton provides a tutorial for basic bike fitting, but does not provide personal recommendations for bike adjustments when experiencing discomfort. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, I found myself wanting…